There’s this free twin stick shooter called Evil Egg that I’ve quite been enjoying. If you like Nuclear Throne for the same reasons I do, you’ll probably like this too.
I’ve been playing it off-and-on for quite a while and I still find it quite challenging in an enjoyable way.
Right now my goal is to beat the lvl20 run. I’ve seen people play to the end in YouTube videos, but I always seem to have a lot of trouble avoiding the blue beams right when the boss fight starts, so I lose most of my HP before almost anything even happens.
Here’s the furthest I got today:
As for strategy, I don’t think I have a very good one. I really like the combination of magic mirror, homunculus, and long range upgrades which essentially turns the game into a bullet heaven, but I’m sure there are other builds that work just as well if not better. Though, I think the pyro tank is incredibly cursed. I refuse to use it. Curious to hear what upgrade combos people like to take. ^^
