hello i'm onefin

hello! i’m a random internet nerd who likes making stuff sometimes.

:musical_note: online, i’m best known for writing what i can vaguely describe as “adventure music”. i compose vgm and jazz inspired electronica adjacent to the rhythm game, digital fusion, and grassroots edm scenes.

:video_game: i also made a number of small video games while i was in college. they’re characterized by having some very simple but palpable core mechanism set to a simplistic, unassuming artstyle. oh, and my music is usually in them :slight_smile: i’m not currently actively developing anything, but i’m thinking about what it would take to get back into it.

:memo: a third thing i’ve been making lately is crossword puzzles. i’m not very public about these because i don’t have a huge audience that would actually enjoy them, but they tend to be very heavily themed and contain non-mainstream video game trivia.

always looking for more artists to connect with! if you’re making something cozy or pretty or playful or clever or mysterious or adventurous, show me :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I hope t/suki can help you find what you need to get back into it, and when you do feel free to post about it in Show Off :heart:

I’m currently working on a mysterious escape room game called no signal that you can find on Steam and itch.io. In it, you play as a scientist stuck alone on a space station orbiting a black hole:

1 Like

Seems very cool! I’d love listening to it, if you feel like sharing.

On my bucket list, I kinda want to make something fantasy-ish with psytrance or jazzy music because I feel like the juxtaposition of medieval/fantasy cliché and modern music could give something fun and memorable.

I’m currently making Dice’n Goblins some goofy game with dice and lil goblin. All my creative output is going into that lately!

1 Like

sure! my most representative project to-date is a 10-track adventure album called places from my dreams, featuring a bunch of wips for video games that i graduated into full songs

places_albumcover_cropped

my most recent release at time of writing is wildlyHandwaving, which is really fast and really weird

your project looks cool! it’s got screenshots where if i put them side by side they do not seem like they come from the same game lmao

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.