no signal realtime black hole shader

A few days ago, I finally finished porting a real-time black hole shader for my game no signal to Godot!!! Here’s what it looks like:

I don’t actually know physics, but I found a realtime black hole shader written by ebruneton and ported that to Godot. The original author even has an paper about the shader that you can read on Arvix!

Unfortunately, the gdscript/gdshader code is kind of mess and I’m a little unhappy with how some of it works. I had to skip over some parts that I didn’t really understand or have time to implement. After I’m done making the game, I’m hoping I’ll have some time to clean it up a bit and make the ported shader available on godotshaders.com and GitHub.

5 Likes

Still get huge feelings and chills when I gaze into that shader. It feels like time doesn’t flow the same O8

(And as a funny side note I almost said gaze into the hole wtf is wrong with me xD)

Well, to be fair, time literally doesn’t flow the same as it would on Earth around a black hole due to… uh… gravity warping the space-time continuum. Or something like that.

1 Like

Then you’re definitely doing it right 8D

RIGHT?! but also lmaoooooo

The shader looks soooo good with the intro scene / music with it. i love <3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.