Petition for a S*i*p*s* c*tegory

I want to post dumb things like an overcensored petition for a shitpost category but general feels like it’s a bit more of a ‘proper’ space and not a breeding ground for in-jokes and saying weird things.

Ironically the forum I mentioned to you as an example has this kind of category and it was the first one you clicked.

[edit: I edited this comment and then I edited it again to add this edit note]

1 Like

:raccoon: please just make it this emoji as well pls thank you exo. I know if Yag and Cabbage where here they would both agree, so it’s 3 against 1

I wonder if a pinned topic in General would be ok, but maybe a less organized discussion topic category would be good for this sort of stuff or pure non-sequiteurs

2 Likes

I’ll accept this alternative but only because Pies recommended it

I guess it’s one of those things we can see if they become an issue later on LOL

I’m not particularly enthused about adding a shitpost category personally, but that’s just how I feel. Normally I would prefer few categories instead of many categories, as this many categories often have the effect of splintering discussion in my experience. I’m also not looking forward to moderating a shitpost category.

However, since I generally intend for this forum to be a place for more “proper” discussions, I think it would make sense to reserve a space for more informal discussions so that people can get to know each other (and how to use the forum) with lower stakes.

I’m down for adding one, but:

• I do not want to call it #shitpost. I think that comes with too many anti-social connotations.
  • I think it might be too early to add this category because most members know who I am and thus are already on my Discord server, another low-stakes environment to get to know people.
  • I would like to add it as a sub-category of General instead of as a top-level category.

So, if we have a different name for it and a few other people express interest in the category I will be happy to add it.

i also thought that the general category was our place to be silly little guys. but it could be good to have a pinned sub category for this so we don’t accidentally create multiple threads for the same thing or a sub category for the silliest of conversations - too silly for general

I would call it " :raccoon: Here you go" and everyone can just figure out what it means later :exosmug:

The :raccoon: category has been created, since this has come up a few times in discussions outside of t/suki.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.