Professional dev and personal project collector...

Hey everyone, I’m Freb, technical designer by day, starter of infinite unfinished projects by night and parent at all times…

I’ve been a part of the games industry since 2011 when I started working on Runescape. Since then I’ve been at various different studios from startups to AAA. My most recently shipped game at the time of writing was Horizon VR but I’ve since left and joined a smaller startup again where we’re now working on a new project that I’ll hopefully be able to share with everyone in the not too distant future!

Outside of the professional side of things, I have always tinkered in various projects. I ran and built custom content for an Ultima Online private server for the best part of 10 years, of which some of that content is still floating around the private server scene today. I finally jumped from using Unity for my projects to Godot (still using C# though!) and I’ve been loving the engine. I’ve got a couple of active projects at the moment; BeepoBits which is an open source port of my Unity VTuber software to Godot, and DungeonTubers which is a retro-inspired VTuber themed dungeon crawler (also in Godot…).

Aside from videogames, I quickly garnered a love for boardgames several years ago while working at a studio where we built both a physical and digital trading card game (Lightseekers and Warhammer: Champions for those interested). I’m not a competitive person at all and so I’ve acquired a decent sized cooperative and solo boardgame collection which is still growing (especially as my daughter has taken a recent interest as well). I also very much enjoy dabbling in different TTRPGs but haven’t really had the chance to get stuck into any properly since that lockdown thing happened and generally end up reading lots of rulebooks thinking how cool they sound before then picking up another one.

I like to stream the development of my various projects on Twitch and have met some amazing and wonderful people because of it and I’m looking forward to meeting even more now I’m here!

Anyway, I shall stop rambling and let you get back to your day :purple_heart:

6 Likes

BOARD GAMES, YES.

There are a lot of “multiplayer solitaire” games that I quite like, but here are some cooperative-specific board games I enjoyed recently:

I’ve heard that Under Falling Skies is a fun solo game, but I’ve never gotten around to playing it. Have you? What do you think about it?

Also, I’m excited to see where you take DungeonTubers. Feel free to post about that and whatever else you’re making in Show Off :heart:

1 Like

I love Spirit Island, I’m just annoyed it took me so long to get it! It really does deserve the ratings it gets.

Sky Team is on my wishlist but I’ve not had a chance to play it. Isn’t Daybreak the new game from the Pandemic designer? I’ve heard good things but again not played it personally.

I’d not heard about Under Falling Skies until now! It looks really cool though from what BBG is saying, I’ll have to keep an eye out for it. It does look like it has some similarities to Bullet which I absolutely love! It’s rare to find a game that has really good solo/coop and competitive plus it has waifus so it’s hard not to like hehe.

1 Like

Yeah! One of the designers for Daybreak is indeed one of the Pandemic designers. I got to play it last weekend and it’s hard but I quite enjoyed it a lot. Once I finally manage to crack the puzzle of how to beat it, I wonder how replayable it is and how many different strategies work.

For what it’s worth, Under Falling Skies was originally a print and play game, and you can still do that for free if you’d like to try out the game and you have access to a printer: Cards - 9-card PnP edition (2019) | Under Falling Skies: A 9-Card Print-and-Play Game

Freb worked on runescape :V? I startef playing OSRS for the first time in… 20(?) Years a month or two ago - im playing an official freb game :Y

Also im happy to see you here :3 i dont get to catch your streams very often :<

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.