programmer and love worker co-ops

Hi everyone. I program a lot of C++ in my day job but also like 3d art and modeling. I’m really interested in worker co-ops and the idea of using them to help tackle inequalities in the game dev industry. I’m working on one with @exodrifter but it’s slow going :slight_smile:. Maybe I’ll make a post about what we’re working on

I’m really into computer graphics as a field, so I’m always happy to talk about that, co-ops, or C++

Pronouns: he/him

3 Likes

Hey, welcome to the forum Nic :heart:

As he says, we’re working on a co-op together. @Seabass is also interested in co-ops c:

1 Like

Got any resources for structuring software cooperatives? More practice than theory.

A while ago we gathered a bunch of PDFs and resources. I just updated the list because some links were dead. Here you go: arcturus-collective/coop-resources - coop-resources - Arcturus Collective Gitea

You might be interested in the TechCoopHowTo and also on the more practical side some of the co-op financing links and 28questionsBeforeMeetingLawyer.pdf. Theres also some sample bylaws

2 Likes

thanks! these are super useful c:
when artists have a co-op its usually not an shared business from what i’ve seen. the ones i’ve seen were more like a hair salon space where you pay to rent out the ability to sell your art in a shop with other artists who also pay to have space in the shop to sell their art, but that doesn’t seem like that would work with tech field as well.

1 Like

Yeah from what I understand there are a bunch of different “types” of co-ops. A lot of my resources and my interest is in worker co-ops, where the workers are also owners of the business (i.e. invest and share in the profits and have an equal vote).

What you’re describing I think could also work for software dev – having a consumer coop like that could be useful for reducing costs for software licenses or other things that can be bought in bulk.

1 Like

Hey, I’m Adhan! I’m also a programmer who’s into worker co-ops and graphics. I hope to see you around :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.