Released a testing build of my bicycle game

I’ve been working on this game (bicycle simulator), The Bicycle Challenge, for maybe a year now. It’s finally in a somewhat playable state, so I’ve gone ahead and posted a beta (alpha) build on itch. There isn’t much gameplay, but I think riding the bike is fun. It also has good music by INTERNET RAIN.

I’m targeting the imaginary audience that enjoyed both Monkey Ball and Getting Over It, then found themselves wishing there was a game that was some weird combination of both. It’s very Physics, very Difficult, and very Work In Progress.

There’s a level editor and replay system, so I’m also kinda pulling from Trackmania. I’d love to have a community of players building and sharing levels, and competing for the best times.

If you play it, lemme know what you think. I am very much looking for feedback.

2 Likes

I played this on stream!

I quite liked it! I think the difficulty ramp is quite high right after the first level. It would be nice to see easier levels and a stage where I could bike around freely and experiment to practice.

1 Like

THIS WAS SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH

Thank you for playing exo!!!

I am amazed at the progress you made trying to fullspeed Oddball at night. This has also been really helpful with calculating difficulty. I’ll definitely add intermediate difficulty steps before the 90 degree turn. A proto-freeride mode has been added in the recent updates too. It’s pretty basic but I’m gonna keep building it out.

Lots of notes taken! And looks like I have a crash to investigate. Could you send me the logs? You can find them by hitting the button in the troubleshooting tab.

P.S.

  1. There are no physics differences between day and night, the stage is just turned upside down.
  2. Brake and pedal can be used in conjunction with steering to stay balanced in a turn.
  3. Badcop mentioned the monkey ball bowling, I plan on adding a bowling minigame at some point.
  4. I like numbered lists.
1 Like

Excited to see those changes!

Here are the logs: godot2026-09-30T20.00.44.tar.gz (3.1 KB)

1 Like